Charles M. Schulz
So, I meant to post this recipe for Valentine's Day but never got it together to do it.
When we were first married, I made these treats for my husband for Valentine's Day. It became a tradition, so now I make them once a year for my family on Valentine's Day. My family loves them and I hope you will love them too.
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I use the Semi-Sweet)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, I have even used peanuts! or you could try mixed)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Spread evenly onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan pressing firmly . Bake 15 minutes.
While the bottom crust is baking, in the same bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in chips and nuts. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how you like it.
Have a fun day!