The apron is sewn together using a sewing machine. You will also need a rotary cutter, a cutting mat preferably marked with cutting lines and a quilting ruler to use with the cutter.
- For the bodice you will need 2 pieces 5" x 3"
- For the skirt you will need 1 piece 11" x 5" or 6"
- For the neck ties you will need 2 pieces 1" x 11"
- For the waist ties you will need 2 pieces 2" x 11"
- For the waist band you will need 2 pieces 2" x 7"
- Place the 2 bodice pieces right side together.
- Fold the pieces in half matching up the short sides.
- Use a pin to mark a point 1 1/2" from the fold.
For each neck tie, fold the long edges into the center and press. Then press in half. Also fold one of the short end in about 1/4" (sorry for the fuzzy picture).
To make the ties, fold the pieces in half long wise right sides together. Stitch across one short edge and the long edge. Clip the corners and turn the ties right side out. I find a knitting needle works well for turning the ties.
Take one of the waistband pieces and center raw edge of the tie along the short edge of the waistband on the right side of the fabric.. Next place the second waistband piece, right side facing down on top.
Mark the center of the right side of the bodice and the center of the right side of the waistband with a pin. Align the bodice center with the waist band center. Pin the bodice to the top waistband piece.
So I hope you will make the apron for your favorite doll owner. I won't even mind if you make them to sell. If you do want to make them to sell I certainly hope that you will give credit where credit is due and tell people where you learned how to make the apron.
Have a fun day!