- 1 piece of dark colored zipper approximately 8 to 10 inches for center
- 6 pieces of zipper 3 inches for petals in the color of your choice
- Felt circle 1 inch in diameter
- Small pin back
- Needle and strong sewing thread (I use button and craft thread)
MAKING THE CENTER
- Fold down one end of zipper and secure with thread.
- Roll the zipper around the folded edge to form a coiled center and secure with thread at the base of the zipper (opposite the teeth).
- Continue until entire length of zipper is secured folding end in. Take care to keep the zipper teeth as flat as possible
MAKING THE PETALS
- To make petals starting at the teeth side of one edge using large running stitches, stitch up to the other side at a slight angle, across the edge to just short of the other end and then down at a slight angle back to the teeth edge.
- Pull to gather and form petal. Secure with a few stitches. You can pinch the bottom edges together form a more dimensional petal.
ATTACHING THE PETALS
- Attach petals around coiled center overlapping if necessary.
- ATTACHING THE PIN BACK
- Attach pin back to felt circle through the holes in the pin back.
- Attach felt circle securely to back of flower. You can put a few stitches through the pin back holes and out the coiled center to make sure the back is secure.